Sunday, April 22, 2012

Knitting IN Books

"No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines," said Dumbledore, "I do love knitting patterns."
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

While I was in Ann Arbor, we went on a jaunt to Aunt Agatha's Mystery Bookstore.  While there, I decided to search for a book that combines mystery, knitting, and cats.  There were LOTS of books with some variation of these criteria!

There is just something about reading books about knitters while knitting that I find entertaining.  Lucky for me, we knitters are also prolific writers.  I am, currently, reading and thoroughly enjoying Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter.  Hilarious, inspiring, well-written, with just a touch of the ridiculousness about it.  I am already plotting how I will get ahold of her other books...

Here's a list of some more books that involve knitting:
Good Yarns: Knitting Fiction

This is some of my hand spun yarn that was also hand dyed by Kat!  

My fair isle among the flowers.  If I'm to be perfectly honest, there is a very slim chance that I will actually be giving this up...

No comments:

Post a Comment