Monday, April 16, 2012

Knitting + BBC Dramas = Magic!

If you did not already know this about me, I am quite good at math.  Thus I can tell you with absolute certainty that the above equation is correct.  Ask any BBC-Drama-loving knitter.

Currently, I have been swallowed by Downton Abbey.  So deliciously scandalous!  Plus everyone in my life seems to also be watching it or has watched it so I have lots of folks to discuss it with!

When I took a quite break from Downton yesterday, I got addicted to another favorite, North and South.  Warning: You know how you CANNOT stop the 5-hour Pride and Prejudice part way through without thinking about it every moment of every day until you watch the rest?  Yeah, North and South is exactly the same.  Only an hour shorter.

Last night was the first time I've watched this and managed to stop after the 2nd episode.  I blame my mother and her ridiculously early bedtime.

That did not, however, prevent me from reading the last three chapters of the equally delicious novel North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell...


So now the question becomes, why do we knitters love these shows and miniseries so much?  Here are my guesses:

1. The long hours of glorious knitting time.

2. The intricate, character driven stories that you can watch again and again (or at least I can).

3. The accents.

Feel free to add your own ideas to the list.

My color inspiration of the week:


Thanks Kyla for taking this gorgeous photo for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment