Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dishcloth Blues Part II

Dear Dishcloths,

I don't know why you have such a power over me.  Perhaps it's the pretty colors or fun patterns.  Perhaps it's the fact that you take about an hour to knit and I really like accomplishing things.  Perhaps it's that I can knit you in the dark without making any mistakes or in the bright sunlight without my fingers sweating.  Whatever the reason is, I cannot escape your allure.  I am once again caught up in the dishcloth blues.  Would you please release me from this craze now?  I have quite enough dishcloths, thank you.

I have tried to knit other things out of this yarn.  I am knitting a brightly colored, cotton summer bag at the moment.  Only, I keep thinking about how much better this bag would look as a couple of dishcloths...  See what I mean?  This is getting out of hand.  I know you are determined to use up all of that bright cotton yarn and I fully support that decision.  But don't you think enough is enough?

Sincerely,
Your Knitter

No comments:

Post a Comment