Sunday, July 22, 2012

Camping - Day 3



On my second trip to the yarn shop, I was finally able to commit to some purchases.  Fellow knitters will understand this: my mother and sister asked me dozens of questions about which yarn would be best for which project and which colors work well together.  Then they were ready to check out and couldn't believe I hadn't made any decisions yet!

I bought yarn for all my commissions, some lovely wooden shawl pins, and two skeins for myself that I couldn't resist.  One is a sock yarn from Frog Tree Yarns.  If you haven't tried one of their yarns, you are missing out.  Lovely, affordable alpaca, merino, and bamboo yarns from Peru and Bolivia.  Also check out the story behind the company.  Very cool.

The second skein is a red, green, and white Christmas sock yarn.  You know, for my Christmas outfit.  Should go well with my ugly Christmas sweater, my Christmas leggings, and my elf hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment