Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Knitting Blues

I confess, I developed the knitting blues Sunday afternoon and they wouldn't go away yesterday.  Instead of fun and exciting, all my projects seemed stressful and unappealing.  I couldn't bring myself to even think about lace patterns.  Anything that took longer than a few hours to knit was completely overwhelming to me.

Then, last night, I took two of the projects that were stressing me out the most and I ripped them out.  Dramatic, perhaps but I realized the patterns were overly complicated and just not very fun to work.  So I found a new pattern for the head wrap I'm making for a friend and I was able to knit it up in about two hours.

What am I trying to say here?  That there are projects out there that are not as big and intimidating as lace shawls or color work mittens and frankly, I'd forgotten to have some of those going.  I love the challenge and excitement of the knitting process but I also love the calming satisfaction of finishing a project.  It's all about the balance.

1 comment: